Embedded Software Engineer
Who we are
Electreon is a global leader in developing and implementing Wireless Electric Road Systems (ERS) – a shared, invisible platform that wirelessly charges commercial and passenger electric vehicles while driving and significantly decreasing battery size, EV cost and weight and improving fleets operational efficiency.
Electreon offers governments, cities and fleet operators the most sustainable and cost-effective solution on the way to 100% global electrification.
We believe that our technology will help eliminate the use of fossil fuels in transportation for a cleaner environment. Sounds Sci-Fi…? We already know it is not!
What we are looking for
ElectReon is developing a unique cloud based IOT system for charging vehicles wirelessly and on-the-go. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be developing complex firmware for our devices deployed on the roads and on the EVs.
The ideal candidate should be proactive, excited about technology, innovation and sustainability, be a true team player, with a sense of ownership and able to handle frequent and complex technical challenges.
What you will do
You will be a member of our small but highly visible software team developing software for our Electric Road cloud based IOT solution.
● Design, implement and maintain real-time embedded firmware, mainly on ARM based microcontrollers.
● Take full responsibility for various firmware projects.
● Participate in daily Agile & DevOps tasks.
● Work closely with our Hardware, Electronics & DSP Team.
● B.Sc in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
● Must be fluent with CC++.
● 4+ years of experience with Embedded Software development and Embedded Linux.
● Must have knowledge of the following protocols: I2C, SPI, USB, TCP/IP, RS-485, UART, CAN and FD-CAN.
● Experience working with an oscilloscope, sniffers and logic analyzer.
● Understand OS internals (Linux, freeRTOS etc.), communication protocols and networking.
● Familiarity with modern DevOps stack & standards (git, automations, CI/CD).
● Ability to take ownership and independently handle tasks form design phase to production grade delivery.
● Background in electronics & DSP.
● More programming languages other than CC++.
● Linux kernel (Buildroot and Yocto) ,device tree configurations and U-boot.
● Experience with STM32 MCUs.
● Experience with FPGA integrations.